Be part of the European team of stewards
We are looking for volunteers for Christian ENCOUNTERS from July 3rd to 5th, 2020 in Graz, that have different potentials, such as foreign language skills and organizational skills. The steward program begins on July 1st, 2020 on site.
What is a steward?
As a steward, you will be instrumental to the success of Christian ENCOUNTERS!
- You will all come from the different European countries taking part in the gathering. You’ll get to know other young people from Poland, Romania, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Italy, Germany and Austria.
- You need to be at least 17 years old to act as a steward.
- Whatever your native language, you must also be able to communicate in English.
How do I apply to become a steward?
We need the following documents from you if you want to become a steward:
- A brief CV
- A short motivational letter
- Your contact details
- Your spoken languages
Please note: You are expected to make your own travel arrangements to Christian ENCOUNTERS. You can arrange this with your local or regional church or the organisation you’re representing.
What will your duties be as a steward?
Stewards will be on hand to assist wherever they can help things run smoothly:
- During registration
- Handing out programmes and the song book
- Welcoming guests for the day, taking payments for day tickets and cashing up
- Providing information and looking after visitors
- Guiding people to the venues at Graz Exhibition Centre and elsewhere around the city
- Installing and dismantling various props for Bible study, worship, workshops and displays
- On the door for the main events
- Looking after the screens at Graz Exhibition Centre
- Escorting speakers to their venues
- Cloakroom attendants
- Helping out on- and backstage
You should be keen to communicate and help out.
What are we offering you?
An international experience and interesting encounters with people from nine different countries!
We invite you to attend a preparatory programme, where you’ll be informed about the organisational and legal aspects of the event and receive the materials you require for the job. Also:
- Stewards’ ID and T-shirt
- camp accommodation and meals
- Free public transport around Graz
- Guided tour of the city in English
- Pocket money
- Stewards’ official certificate
- Backstage access